Recently I have been recieving questions about what products I use on my hair. I never really gave it much thought about the products I use and it contributing to my hair results. So I decide to make a list of the products that I am currently using and my haircare regimen.
- Pre-Poo Treatment(bi-monthly)
I try to pre-poo my hair about once monthly with an olive oil mixture, jojoba oil,and T-tree oil. However I am not too consistant with my pre-poo treatment. I tend to do my pre-poo treatments when I feel that my hair is lacking moisture and shine.
- Shampoo and Conditioner(once or twice a week)
I shampoo and condition my hair with DermOrganic conditioning shampoo and intensive hair repair conditioner. I love this shampoo and conditioner product because it is an all natural product and it has and amazing smell that is not overpowering. After I use this product it leaves my hair very soft and easy to detangle.
- Protein Treatment ( Once a Month)
When I do protein treatment on my hair, I use a homemade protein mixture that I mix up myself.
First I use a fair amount of regular conditioner( I like to use Gariner Fructis, fortifing cream conditioner)
Then I add 1 teaspoon of Olive Oil,1 teaspoon of Honey,1 medium size Egg
I am currently using Kinky Curly Knot Today as a leave-in conditioner after I shampoo my hair. I just started using this product so there will be a review on it in the near future.
I am currently using Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque as a daily moisturizer. Although this product is marketed as a Deep Treatment Masque it works better for me as a daily moisturizer. The smell is not the best but it makes my hair soft and shiny and the moisture last for a few days after applying.
As with any Haircare Regimen you must tailor it to your own hair needs. If you have any questions feel free to leave a comment below and I will answer your question. Remember learning about your hair takes time and patience. Stay strong and inspired. Natural girls rock
No comments:
Post a Comment