Being a newly natural, can be difficult because there is so much information out there. It at times can become overwhelming for a person thats just deciding to go natural. So I came up with a few essential items that can be very useful to anyone that is transitioning or newly natural.
1) Spray bottle filled with water
Since natural hair love moisture, it's best to provide it with plenty of it. I like to use my spray bottle filled with distilled water. It not only moisturize the hair but it also makes hair easier to work through.
2) A good hair oil
There are many on the market to choose from but it all boils down to your particular preference. I am currently using Jojoba oil and it seems to work well for me.
3) A Satin scarf /pillowcase
African American women know the importance of tying their hair up at night before bed. It is very important to natural curly girls especially if you don't want your tresses to look like a matted mess the next morning. Satin scarfs are important because they lock oils and moisture into hair as well as prevent breakage while sleeping.
4) Cream moisturizer
A good water-based cream moisturizer is ideal because it provides the hair with moisture. However cream-based moistures are not necessarily bad.When I use cream-based moisturizers, I spritz my hair with water first then apply. This method leaves my hair very soft and moisturized.
5) Good Shampoo and Conditioner
Don't get hung up on rushing out to buy all new products because the current products have sulfates in them. Its ok... As long as the product cleans your scalp then its fine continue to use them until you are completely done with them. Trust me its economical.
6) Hair Journal (optional)
I added this item to the list because it has been very beneficial to me. It allows me to keep track of the progress of my hair. It also allows me to document how certain products and methods work for my hair. I love it and swear by it.
Just remember when it comes to natural hair it takes time and patience. So learn at your own pace!

No comments:
Post a Comment